Saturday, August 7, 2010

sketch 2 : At the Pool

While on our summer vacation to a Hot Spring spa resort in B.C. Canada, myself, my wife Patti and our two boys visited the hotels many pools.

It was a great place to kick back and unwind. { yes ... one of the natural hot spring pools was designated for adults only :-)} The kids loved it and I found it was also a great place to sit back and sketch.



With people moving around so much, you have to draw fast to hopefully capture the pose, the attitude.


As you can see with the 1st drawing below, both sons were having 'time-outs'
My youngest didn't really appreciate me drawing him while he was not allowed in the pool. He turned his back towards me. Okay... another pose ;-) The downfalls of having a dad that has a pen in his hand.








2 comments:

Dan Carey said...

ah these are beautiful Mark- great stuff!! Ive recently been struggling drawing people 'out and about' so its great to see your approach and the kind of visual information i need to be focusing on.

mark pudleiner said...

Thanks Dan :-)