Saturday, November 3, 2012

Emperors New Groove - Kuzco rough test


Here is another one of my rough animation tests for Disney's animated feature ' Emperors New Groove '.
It is Sequence 1 Scene 76. 

I'm forgetting who, but I know I gave one of the incidental characters to my rough assistants at the time. There was a pool of rough assistant animators at Disney and you could use them to help complete the scene as needed. { if there was one available at the time }.



Emperors New Groove - Kuzco Rough Animation Test 3 from Mark Pudleiner on Vimeo.





 I animated a few scenes in a row in this section, also doing the scene directly before { scene 75 } 
where the 3 babies are held up to Kuzco and he 'kisses' them with a rubber stamp. When animating that scene, I named the babies after my two boys, Steven and Mathieu and then the middle baby 'Sam' { if we were going to have a girl someday, that was to be her name } All unofficial as they were only in this one scene, but hey, that's what i labeled them on my animation charts :-)

I recently found the rough test of the beginning of this scene. Here it is :
Mark Pudleiner ENG baby Kiss scene from Mark Pudleiner on Vimeo.







This film was a nice change as the timing of the animation was leaning more towards the snappier 
WB style. Snapping into key poses and following through with the overlap. Below are the 2 scenes as they play out together.


                                       copyright Disney Animation



Here is a link to an old Burbank newspaper article regarding the scene > click HERE

2 comments:

Jeff Maka Merghart said...

Your work is sharp in the scenes! They always stood out to me. Well done Sir ;)

AC said...

So, so , so great work!
love it!