Monday, December 28, 2009

My new Job : VANarts


Just thought I would post that i will be starting in a new full time direction.

I will be joining the team that runs the Vancouver Institute of Media Arts College, known as VANarts.

I will be starting full time in January as a Senior Instructor.

I will be teaching various areas of the animation media, focusing on character design, solid appealing drawing, strength in poses, clear acting choices etc. My classes will be for both the traditional 2D students and the computer animation students as what I will be teaching applies for both.

I will also be heading up a story course which I am also very excited about. I have been teaching animation and story for AnimationMentor.com for a while now and find that students are always excited to be discovering and creating their own ideas.

I want to thank my friend Wayne Gilbert who was extremely positive and helpful with having me join his teaching team for the school. I look forward to be working with Wayne after all these years.

I would also like to thank Alan Phillips {President of VANarts} and Larry Bafia {VP of VANarts}
for their being so confident and positive with adding me to their staff.

Click HERE

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

Congratulations Mark! I know it's been a tough few years for you but this sounds like the beginning of something really great! You're a wonderful teacher and you'll be able to do a lot of good in Vancouver.

Sandro Cleuzo said...

Hey Mark,

Congratulations, you really deserved it.
It sounds like 2010 will be a great year for you.
All the best to you and the kids.
keep in touch.

Sandro

mark pudleiner said...

Thanks so much Jeremy for the good words :-) Hope you have a great year as well!

mark pudleiner said...

Sandro - How are you ? So glad that you decided to finally put together a BLOG showing your work. It's nice to see you being recognized for how great of an artist you are.
Once again thanks so much for the 'princess/frog' sketches before we both left to our homelands last summer.

Maybe one day we can have a lunch again.
Hoping all is well with your new company.
All the best.
-m

Francesco Castelli said...

Mark,
I was so lucky to meet you, even at the end of my course.- In just one afternoon you made me positive again, now I have a lot of ideas and things to do after Vanarts !!! If you're going to do a story course I do want to apply!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Dan Carey said...

Superb Mark, just remember – no one ever forgets a great teacher! Mould them young minds into ninja animaTORS

Mitch said...

Congratulations to you, Sir! You definitely deserve the position.